Cal Poly Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Office helps you plan your finances and organize your resources to cover your college costs. Financial assistance is a resource designed to supplement the cost of education and is not intended to be used as a student's sole means of income. The types and amounts of aid Cal Poly awards or recommends are subject to availability of funds, enrollment status, and financial need. Cal Poly students have a variety of financial aid programs available for assistance. Programs vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options.
IMPORTANT UPDATES (effective July 28, 2017 )
EMPL ID# is the 9 digit Cal Poly ID number found on the student's portal under the Personal Information Tab.
Our primary form of communication is via email. Students must check their Cal Poly email for important notices and updates.
IRS DATA RETRIEVAL TOOL ON THE FAFSA IS UNAVAILABLE: The tool will be unavailable until the 2018-19 FAFSA opens on October 1, 2017. We may request a 2015 Tax Return Transcript to confirm information on your FAFSA.
- Fee payment is deferred for students with financial aid or scholarships of any amount until financial aid disburses at the start of the fall quarter. To use financial aid for housing and dining expenses, certain criteria must be met. For all payment information, please review the Student Account website.
- To ensure on-time disbursement of financial aid, please check your to-do list and submit any requested documents as soon as possible
- For Cal Grant information, click here.
- If you have accepted offered loans and would like to reduce the amount, you may complete this in the portal. If you have declined offered loans and would like them re-offered, please call our office. If you would like to increase accepted loans, please submit the request in writing.
- Students who are interested in aid for summer classes should look at their to-do list for notification of aid eligibility. Summer is part of the prior year award and financial aid is dependent on remaining eligibility. For more detailed information, visit our summer page here. For more information on summer classes at Cal Poly, visit summer.calpoly.edu.
- For more detailed information on the financial aid process, please refer to our Vital Award Information page. Other financial aid details can be found on the pages of our website. We recommend that you review them carefully.
- Students can give parents access to some of their portal information, such as financial aid awards, to-do lists and account information by setting up a report on “Share My Info” which is available on the student portal under the Money Matters tab. Once set up, parents can access real time data at https://sharemyinfo.calpoly.edu.
- The Board of Trustees approved a tuition increase at their March 21-22, 2017 board meeting. Details about the fee increase can be found here: www.calstate.edu/tuition-increase.
9 a.m. to noon & 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. (closed 12-1) Monday - Thursday.
No telephones on Friday.
|Walk-Up Window||9 a.m. to noon & 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Monday - Friday (closed 12-1)|
9 a.m. to noon & 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Monday - Friday (closed 12-1)
No appointments taken; walk-in basis only.