Cal Poly Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Office helps you plan your finances and organize your resources to cover your college costs. Financial assistance is a resource designed to supplement the cost of education, and is not intended to be used as a student's sole means of income. The types and amounts of aid Cal Poly awards or recommends are subject to availability of funds, enrollment status, and financial need. Cal Poly students have a variety of financial aid programs available for assistance. Programs vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options.
EMPL ID# is the 9 digit Cal Poly ID number found on the student's portal under the Personal Information Tab.
Our primary form of communication is via email. Students must check their Cal Poly email for important notices and updates.
- The 2015-16 FAFSA can be completed starting January 1st. For consideration of all aid at Cal Poly, FAFSA applications must be submitted by March 2, 2015.
- Students eligible for state aid through the California Dream Act need to complete the CA Dream Application.
- For new students, once admissions decisions are made, incoming students will be reviewed for scholarships. There is no additional application required, students are considered automatically. If awarded, they will receive an email notification from the Financial Aid Office. A FAFSA is not required for consideration for merit based scholarships.
- First disbursement of winter aid will occur on Monday December 29th and be applied against outstanding charges. Any credit balance will be refunded Friday January 2nd. To be eligible for disbursement students must be registered in a minimum of 6 units (4 units graduate) for loans and 12 units (8 units graduate) for grant aid. In addition, all checklist items required for disbursement must be received and reviewed.
- For students registered in less than the required units, if you add during the add/drop period, once you are in the correct number of units, aid will automatically disburse in the next disbursement run (financial aid is disbursed and refunded twice each week).
- If you are not planning on attending full time and aid is impacted, your file will be reviewed after the add/drop date and any additional aid disbursed Monday January 19th and any refunds processed for Wednesday January 21st. If any funds need to be returned, those will need to be paid back at that time.
9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. (closed 12-1) Monday - Thursday.
No telephones on Friday.
|Walk-Up Window||9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. Monday - Friday (closed 12-1)|
9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. Monday - Friday (closed 12-1)
No appointments taken; walk-in basis only.