Cal Poly Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Office helps you plan your finances and organize your resources to cover your college costs. Financial assistance is a resource designed to supplement the cost of education, and is not intended to be used as a student's sole means of income. The types and amounts of aid Cal Poly awards or recommends are subject to availability of funds, enrollment status, and financial need. Cal Poly students have a variety of financial aid programs available for assistance. Programs vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options.
EMPL ID# is the 9 digit Cal Poly ID number found on the student's portal under the Personal Information Tab.
Our primary form of communication is via email. Students must check their Cal Poly email for important notices and updates.
- Due to the federal sequester, loan origination fees are set to change effective December 1, 2013 for loans that have not yet disbursed (see the loan section of our website for details). For students and parents who have accepted loans that have not disbursed, any To-Do list items holding disbursement must be completed no later than November 22, 2013. Loans not disbursed by November 25th will be canceled and re-awarded after December 1st to reflect the new loan origination fees.
- Loans that have not been accepted and To-Do list items complete by November 22nd will be canceled. Loan offers can be reinstated at the student’s request as long as the student is enrolled and it is before the end of the 2013-14 enrollment term.
- Fees are deferred for students with financial aid. If aid is less than fees, payment of the difference can be made after financial aid is posted to the student account at the start of the quarter.
- However if financial aid is not finalized and aid disbursed to pay fall fees before winter registration, students will need to pay the fall registration fees in order to register and be reimbursed by any fall financial aid once aid is finalized and funds disbursed.
- The fastest and most secure way of confirming your tax information on the FAFSA is by using the IRS Data Retrieval tool. If you are unsure of the process CITfinaid has an easy to follow tutorial at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyQuvKE5Vfc
- If a family has experienced significant loss of income after 2012 that information can be submitted using the Change of Income form that can be accessed under forms on our website.
9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. (closed 12-1) Monday - Thursday.
No telephones on Friday.
|Walk-Up Window||9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. Monday - Friday (closed 12-1)|
9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. Monday - Friday (closed 12-1)
No appointments taken; walk-in basis only.