Cal Poly Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Office helps you plan your finances and organize your resources to cover your college costs. Financial assistance is a resource designed to supplement the cost of education, and is not intended to be used as a student's sole means of income. The types and amounts of aid Cal Poly awards or recommends are subject to availability of funds, enrollment status, and financial need. Cal Poly students have a variety of financial aid programs available for assistance. Programs vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options.
EMPL ID# is the 9 digit Cal Poly ID number found on the student's portal under the Personal Information Tab.
Our primary form of communication is via email. Students must check their Cal Poly email for important notices and updates.
- First disbursement of fall aid will occur on Monday September 15th and be applied against outstanding charges. Any credit balance will be refunded Friday Sept 19th. To be eligible for disbursement students must be registered in a minimum of 6 units (4 units graduate) for loans and 12 units (8 units graduate) for grant aid. In addition, all checklist items required for disbursement must be received and reviewed.
- For students registered in less than the required units, if you add during the add/drop period, once you are in the correct number of units, aid will automatically disburse in the next disbursement run (financial aid is disbursed and refunded twice each week).
- If you are not planning on attending full time and aid is impacted, your file will be reviewed after the add/drop date and any additional aid disbursed Monday October 6th and any refunds processed for Wednesday October 8th. If any funds need to be returned, those will need to be paid back at that time.
- Students eligible for the California Middle Class Scholarship are being sent an email from the California Student Aid Commission (CSAC) with instructions to sign in to webgrants to access the data on the scholarship. Schools will be sent a roster in approximately 3 weeks after which we will begin adding the scholarship to financial aid awards. Please note, if you have a federal Pell Grant, a State University Grant, or a Cal Grant A or B you are not eligible for the Middle Class Scholarship. You are already receiving grant aid greater than what the MCS scholarship could offer.
- For detailed instructions on how to complete the IRS Data Retrieval on the FAFSA or request an IRS tax transcript click here.
9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. (closed 12-1) Monday - Thursday.
No telephones on Friday.
|Walk-Up Window||9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. Monday - Friday (closed 12-1)|
9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. Monday - Friday (closed 12-1)
No appointments taken; walk-in basis only.