Cal Poly Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Office helps you plan your finances and organize your resources to cover your college costs. Financial assistance is a resource designed to supplement the cost of education, and is not intended to be used as a student's sole means of income. The types and amounts of aid Cal Poly awards or recommends are subject to availability of funds, enrollment status, and financial need. Cal Poly students have a variety of financial aid programs available for assistance. Programs vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options.
EMPL ID# is the 9 digit Cal Poly ID number found on the student's portal under the Personal Information Tab.
Our primary form of communication is via email. Students must check their Cal Poly email for important notices and updates.
- Complete your 2014-15 FAFSA (www.FAFSA.gov) no later than March 2, 2014. FAFSA’s submitted after that date will be processed, but some of the more limited types of aid may not be available.
- It is recommended that you estimate your income information to the best of your ability. Three weeks after tax returns are filed you should return to the FAFSA and update the tax information using the IRS Data Retrieval tool. This option should pop up automatically when changing tax information from “will file” to “filed” and can be used only after tax return data is loaded to the IRS data system.
- Financial Aid awards will be posted in early April after admission decisions are made.
- Incoming students are automatically considered for any scholarships and will be notified via email if a scholarship is awarded. There is no additional scholarship application.
- For students registered in less than full time units (12 units for undergraduate/8 units for graduate) financial aid adjustments will occur after add/drop and refunds for aid not yet disbursed available by Wednesday 1/22.
- If grant aid was disbursed at full time and at add/drop you are in less than full time, revisions may require some funds to be repaid. Please check your portal by Monday 1/20 to confirm you do not have a balance due.
9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. (closed 12-1) Monday - Thursday.
No telephones on Friday.
|Walk-Up Window||9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. Monday - Friday (closed 12-1)|
9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. Monday - Friday (closed 12-1)
No appointments taken; walk-in basis only.