Cal Poly Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Office helps you plan your finances and organize your resources to cover your college costs. Financial assistance is a resource designed to supplement the cost of education, and is not intended to be used as a student's sole means of income. The types and amounts of aid Cal Poly awards or recommends are subject to availability of funds, enrollment status, and financial need. Cal Poly students have a variety of financial aid programs available for assistance. Programs vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options.
EMPL ID# is the 9 digit Cal Poly ID number found on the student's portal under the Personal Information Tab.
Our primary form of communication is via email. Students must check their Cal Poly email for important notices and updates.
- Any items needed to finalize the award will be posted to the to-do list. We encourage students to submit documents as soon as they are able.
- Approximately 2 weeks after electronically filing your 2012 tax return (6 weeks if sending a paper form to the IRS) you can go back to the FAFSA and update your tax information using the IRS Data retrieval tool. We recommend this as the fastest and most secure way of confirming your tax information on the FAFSA. If you are unsure of the process CITfinaid has an easy to follow tutorial at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyQuvKE5Vfc
- If a family has experienced significant loss of income after 2012 that information can be submitted after July 1, 2013 using the Change of Income form that can be accessed under forms on our website.
- Financial Aid students who register for summer will have their summer aid eligibility reviewed. If there is remaining aid available, it will be posted to your 2012-13 award. If an award cannot be posted, you will be sent an email indicating your status for summer aid.
- Summer aid is disbursed to your student account the first day of summer classes. If you are registered in only the 2nd 5 week, funds will disburse the 1st day of that session. If you are registered in both 5 week sessions, if you receive aid and then reduce enrollment before the start of the 2nd session, you may lose eligibility and need to repay financial aid received.
9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. (closed 12-1) Monday - Thursday.
No telephones on Friday.
|Walk-Up Window||9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. Monday - Friday (closed 12-1)|
9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. Monday - Friday (closed 12-1)
No appointments taken; walk-in basis only.