Cal Poly Financial Aid
The Financial Aid Office helps you plan your finances and organize your resources to cover your college costs. Financial assistance is a resource designed to supplement the cost of education, and is not intended to be used as a student's sole means of income. The types and amounts of aid Cal Poly awards or recommends are subject to availability of funds, enrollment status, and financial need. Cal Poly students have a variety of financial aid programs available for assistance. Programs vary in eligibility criteria, award amounts, and repayment options.
EMPL ID# is the 9 digit Cal Poly ID number found on the student's portal under the Personal Information Tab.
Our primary form of communication is via email. Students must check their Cal Poly email for important notices and updates.
- Complete your 2014-15 FAFSA (www.FAFSA.gov) as soon as possible. March 2, 2014 was our priority filing date. FAFSA’s submitted after that date will be processed, but some of the more limited types of aid may not be available.
- Three weeks after tax returns are filed electronically you should return to the FAFSA and update the tax information using the IRS Data Retrieval tool. This option should pop up automatically when changing tax information from “will file” to “filed” and can be used only after tax return data is loaded to the IRS data system. For detailed instructions click here.
- For current and admitted students' financial aid awards are posted to the portal approximately 5 to 7 days after filing the FAFSA.
- Incoming students are automatically considered for any scholarships and will be notified via email if a scholarship is awarded. There is no additional scholarship application.
- Summer is part of the prior year award and financial aid is dependent on remaining eligibility.
- To be considered for summer aid, you should register for the courses you plan to attend. After initial summer registration closes any student with a 2013-14 financial aid record will be reviewed and an award posted or an email sent indicating what aid if any is available. For more detailed information go to our summer aid webpage.
9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. (closed 12-1) Monday - Thursday.
No telephones on Friday.
|Walk-Up Window||9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. Monday - Friday (closed 12-1)|
9a.m. to noon & 1p.m. to 3p.m. Monday - Friday (closed 12-1)
No appointments taken; walk-in basis only.