Privacy Rights and Information
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects confidentiality and limits our ability to release information to anyone other than the student regarding financial aid.
- Any documents submitted by you and/or your parents and details of your award package are considered confidential and will not be released without your written consent.
- An Authorization to Release Financial Aid Information form is available on our website, click here.
Renewal of Financial Aid
Financial aid awards are not automatically renewed. The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) and the CA Dream Act Application for the upcoming academic year will be available after October 1. An application must be completed each year.
Summer Financial Aid
A current year FAFSA must be on file for consideration for summer aid. Eligibility is subject to aid availability and Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP).
Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
All students must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) to receive financial aid.
Most financial aid programs are available to students enrolled at least half-time. Some awards may vary based on enrollment status. Disbursement of grant awards will be delayed until the third week of the quarter if you are enrolled in less than full-time units.
- In case of partial or total withdrawal from classes, a financial aid award may be reduced or canceled and the return of funds may be required.
- In case of a fee refund, all or part may be returned to the financial aid fund from which the aid was awarded.
- All or a portion of the funds paid may need to be returned. The amount is based on formulas established by the U.S. Department of Education.
- Consult with the Student Accounts Office prior to dropping or withdrawing to determine your potential liability.
Changes in Circumstances
- If financial circumstances change (e.g. loss of employment, death of parent or spouse, etc.), request a review.
- You are required to report changes that affect your aid eligibility (e.g. receipt of additional resources, remarriage of parent, etc.).
- If any changes occur, send a letter detailing your situation to the Financial Aid Office. A counselor will review your information and respond within 30 days.