Study Abroad & Domestic Study Programs
Cal Poly Administered/Affiliated
Students participating in Cal Poly administered or affiliated programs including department exchanges are eligible for financial aid through Cal Poly unless otherwise noted.
- The CSU International Program (IP)
- The National Student Exchange (NSE)
- Attending another CSU campus via the Intrasystem Visitor or Concurrent Visitor programs
Cal Poly-Led programs administered by Cal Poly are:
- Cal Poly in Australia
- Cal Poly in Spain Summer and Fall Programs
- Cal Poly in Peru
- Cal Poly in London
- Cal Poly in Thailand
Cal Poly International Exchanges:
Study Abroad programs affiliated through:
- Cultural Experiences Abroad (CEA)
- Danish Institute for Study Abroad (DIS)
- Foundation for International Education (FIE)
- University Studies Abroad Consortium (USAC)
Note: Cal Poly students who elect to participate in programs administered by schools or organizations that have no connection with Cal Poly are not eligible to receive financial aid funding through Cal Poly. This could include attending another United States university or going on a foreign program sponsored by another United States university. These students are advised to contact the sponsoring university's Financial Aid Office for information.
For Financial Aid funding for these programs, students must:
- Apply for financial aid using Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on the Web. Cal Poly's federal school code is 001143.
- Complete and submit any outstanding financial aid documents required for finalizing aid.
- Complete Student Aid Agreement and Contract for affiliated programs at IEP Office.
- Students must be enrolled full-time (12 undergrad, 8 grad).
- Complete an Authorization for Transmittal of Financial Aid Funds from the Student Accounts Office.
- To learn about study abroad scholarship opportunities, visit the International Education & Programs Office or the IEP website at: http://iep.calpoly.edu
- Most sponsored programs and affiliations require a deposit, yet allow students with financial aid to pay any balance due after financial aid is disbursed (students are personally responsible for paying the balance of fees not covered by financial aid).
- For outgoing programs and affiliations that do not register directly through Cal Poly, students must have official copies of their academic transcripts sent to the Cal Poly Admissions Office at program end. A hold may be placed on financial aid if final transcripts are not received as they are used to determine satisfactory progress for financial aid eligibility.
Contact Cal Poly International Center for more information:
Cal Poly International Center
California Polytechnic State University
San Luis Obispo, CA 93407-0721