Rights and Responsibilities
What you should know . . .
- Applications are analyzed using a standard need analysis
- How your award was determined
- What portion of your financial need will be met
- Loan repayment terms
- How your aid will be distributed
- Refund & Repayment policy
- Satisfactory Academic Progress policy and the consequences
- Your financial aid information is kept confidential
- You may request a review of your financial aid decision
- Grants and Scholarships are considered taxable income. For more information visit the IRS website.
What the Financial Aid Office (FAO) expects from you . . .
- All application forms are accurately completed (misrepresented information on financial aid applications is a violation of federal law and is considered a criminal offense).
- Compliance with all financial aid application deadlines.
- Accept responsibility.
- Return any additional documentation, verification or corrections requested.
- If you are selected for verification, all required documents must be submitted no later than the last day of your classes before finals week.
- Notify FAO if you will not attend a quarter; change name, address, marital status, or number of dependents; and changes in all resources available to you.
- All males are required to register with Selective Service.