Cal Grant GPA Verification
If you currently have a Cal Grant you do not need to submit a GPA Verification. You only need to complete the FAFSA.
For those who do not have a Cal Grant, Cal Poly will submit your GPA to CSAC (California Student Aid Commission) for 2018-19 Cal Grant consideration if:
- You are an undergraduate or a credential student.
- You have completed at least 36* units at Cal Poly by the end of Fall 2017. (Test credits do not count toward 36).
- You do not already have a Cal Grant award (students who already have a Cal Grant are not required to complete a GPA verification).
- You are not on financial aid probation or academic probation.
- We have your valid Social Security number on file.
- You are enrolled at least half-time Winter Quarter 2018.
- Cal Poly receives your 2018-2019 FAFSA by February 26, 2018.
FAFSA should be completed online by Feb. 22, 2018. Completed means a valid EFC was calculated and you received the valid SAR email.
*Freshman students with less than 36 units completed at Cal Poly by the end of Fall Quarter 2017 need to contact their high school and ask them to submit the GPA Verification electronically or certify a paper GPA verification form.
If you have completed 36 units, but do not meet all criteria 4-6 above, you may email the Financial Aid Office and request to be included in the GPA verification report to CSAC.
Subject Line: Cal Grant GPA verification permission granted
Body of email: EMPL ID and Student name
The Financial Aid Office must receive your email request by February 24, 2018.